Monday, February 23, 2009

Etsy in Craft Magazine and Relisting Cyclops Monster Book

Okay, I haven't been too good at continuing this whole blogging thing, so I'll post something with not a lot of content just to start back up again.



This month, I noticed that http://www.etsy.com/ was mentioned in an article in Real Simple, the magazine, as a good site to buy gifts and the like at inexpensive prices. I'll be happy if the article makes any new buyers discover Etsy, although it didn't really show the true range of shops on Etsy. Hopefully any new buyers will discover this for themselves once they visit.



Also, on the back cover Craft Magazine I saw a full page advertisement for http://www.artfire.com/ . I know the company has said that they would spend however many million dollars on advertising, and others have said that it's extremely unlikely that ArtFire even have that kind of money for advertising. Maybe this ad shows that they're making a step in the right direction? I don't know; for now I'm staying away from ArtFire because of all of the complaints I've heard from sellers who've tried to open up a shop on that site.



Finally, I am relisting my adorable Cyclops photo album Monster Book today. This monster is really one of my favorites, and he got a lot of views compared to some of my other books the first time I listed him. I hope that this time he gets bought instead of just admired, so he can find someone special to go home with!

No comments:

Post a Comment